Headaches with Google Pages Account

April 18, 2009 Leave a Comment


I'm deeply sorry for any inconvenience that you encounter during your visit here yesterday and even today. Some parts of my post for the templates were all disconnected from Google Pages. This is in connection with the new policy of Google Pages to transfer existing account to Google Sites.

Last year I got a notice from Google Pages that they are not already accepting new accounts for sign-up. I was very happy then, because I get my account from them earlier than this message, and my account will still exist despite this. But I was shock and tremble for their new policy again.

I was in panic yesterday when I saw a yellow warning on top of my account, saying this messages. That all files except Javascript and Html files will be transfer soon. And I'm beginning to think how huge will be the damage, the work to migrate files and to re-encode programs just to change links.

And that fear have been done. After I visited my account, and attempted to refresh again, my account was redirected to another pages (see above photo) and I can't even retrieve my files already. It was already been blocked.

There were no choices for me but to re-upload again the files that I lost into another account. I edited my post, my links, my entire programs and my templates. And I hope I can finish by tomorrow and it will bring back to normal.

Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Facebook
Digg

0 comments »

Leave your response!

Add your comment below,or trackback from your own site. You can also subscribe to these comments via RSS.

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.