Storing Javascript File with Google Code

April 3, 2010 Leave a Comment



Storing Javascript File with Google Code

Some programmers who doesn't have web hosting encounter difficulty when the defunct Google Pages stopped their services. I admit that even me, I was pissed-off when my free templates were not running effectively due to malfunctioning of links.

I even migrated those javascript and re-programmed the templates, uploading files and changing those links which it takes me a days to do the job.

But my sacrifices were turned into futile because some of the javascript hosting sites have back-down also, maybe because of the traffic that they received coming from different subscribers.

There are times also that I was a bit discourage and to stop this blog. After all, I wasn't generating a prolific income on this. My plan is to divert my time into a fruitful one.

Its been a couple of month when I updated this site, then finally I came across Google Code. With google code you can sore files up to 2048 MB with a maximum upload size of 100MB. This was really a terrific alternative to any other sites. So I started to upload my files there.

When visiting the site be sure that you already have a Google account or else you will register for a new one. Don't go with this link http://code.google.com/, this will only lead you to the main site of the Google Code which offer a lot of services like AJAX APIs, Android, App Engine, Google Apps Marketplace, Google Web Toolkit, Project Hosting and more. Go to http://code.google.com/hosting/ and click the green plus(+) button "Create a New Project". This will open a new window "Create Project". Fill-up the required field, then click the "Create Button". Again, a new window will open, select the "Download" tab and select "New Download". From there you can upload your files with any extension like jpg, mp3, js, css, xml, doc and others.

Stumble
Delicious
Technorati
Facebook
Digg

3 comments »

  • Anonymous said:  

    hey thanks.. i'm going to try this out.. i always like slideshow but i can't make it work on my blog somehow. have a great day

  • thapasagar said:  

    obviously lets have a try, if my Bloggger Template backup works with google...

  • Anonymous said:  

    quiero saver como se pone esoooo

  • Leave your response!

    Add your comment below,or trackback from your own site. You can also subscribe to these comments via RSS.

    Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.